From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Migrating man page to asciidoc?
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 17:55:31
1 William Hubbs wrote:
2 > Yes, it was added a couple of days ago, without giving a reasonable
3 > amount of time for discussion.
4
5 You know just as well as I do that this thread is the most discussion
6 that this mailing list has seen in a very long time. Sebastian wants
7 to make some progress. I see no problem.
10 > For a significant change like this,
11
12 "significant" is so subjective though.
15 > I think we should give 24-48 hours and make the patch visible
16 > somewhere
17
18 It is clear that you are displeased because you think you did not
19 have a chance to oppose the change before it was made. I can
20 understand, but in reality I doubt the one opposing voice would
21 have made a difference.
24 > Remember that we have people here in multiple time zones,
25
26 This is a given for all project. Not sure why you think anyone needs
27 to be reminded of this.
30 > and we don't necessarily check these lists every day.
31
32 I would set some kind of notification up, so that response does not
33 depend on me checking something.
36 > Based on this as well as my previous objections I would like to see
37 > this change reverted.
38
39 I disagree and hope that most others do as well, so that development
40 will continue instead of being stuck on senseless arguing with you.
41
42 What about my suggestion to fix the actual problem, asciidoc
43 dependencies, did you bother looking into that yet? (I haven't
44 because I don't feel at all strongly.)
45
46 Thanks!
49 //Peter