From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] patch, fix broken seed stage update
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 02:05:19
1 On Tue, 2013-02-26 at 11:39 -0800, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina
3 > <zerochaos@g.o> wrote:
4 > > In my opinion you can kill the current catalyst 3 branch as nothing uses
5 > > it and afaik it doesn't work. jmbvicetto should be able to
6 > > authoritatively agree or not.
7 >
8 > If Brian's work is to be the basis for future revisions of catalyst,
9 > it should be the master branch. We can branch current master as a
10 > stable branch. The current catalyst2 branch is totally dead, and
11 > overwriting it doesn't cause us to lose anything.
14 I generally agree that my rewrite should become the master branch, but
15 it could live in a side branch for a while longer, there are many more
16 changes needed to clean up the code. It is likely to be broken at times
17 some commits by themselves won't be complete, etc...
20 > ... but the patches should be sent to the list (with git
21 > format-patch/send-email) and reviewed before being committed to
22 > master.
25 I tried using git to send this patch, but it did not work. I'll look
26 into how to make it work with email.
27
28 But I do question the need to send all patches to this list for review.
29 Take this patch email for instance. It was primarily for the last
30 commit I did to fix the update_seed methods which I found not working
31 correctly. I also mentioned I had rebased all my other work, condensing
32 where it made sense...
33
34 Do you see any code suggestions, questions and/or comments in regards
35 to it... NO
36
37 All mails in this thread are about everything else :/
38
39 I will continue to spam the list with all my rebased commits, which I
40 intended to do when I had more time. I sent this one off this morning
41 before I went to work. I know Jorge was interested in the changes. I'm
42 back now, so will manually prepare more patch mails.