From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Re: livecd-stage1 pkgconfig
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:02:10
1 On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 12:32 -0400, Christophe PEREZ wrote:
2 > Le Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:12:59 -0400, Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
3 >
4 > > Well, in all of my testing, since the first time .bashrc is read, it
5 > > deletes /etc/startx, I didn't have any issues. Perhaps my sessions are
6 > > starting slower than yours?
7 >
8 > slower or faster, may be.
9 > Because, sometimes, it works even with lines uncommented.
10 > Use of xinitrc could be better, isn't it ?
11 > And xinitrc could permit to adapt better the X start for something more
12 > complicated than just a "su - user -c startx".
13 > If I want to use it, what service will be started by ?
14
15 Umm... You're supposed to use both.
16
17 livecd/xinitrc:
18
19 Otherwise, you get twm. :P
20
21 > I know it's not really a catalyst question, but catalyst have its
22 > particular work (like autoconfig etc...).
23 >
24 > Another thing.
25 > I try to have sound in my livecd.
26 > I added alsa in my kernel, alsa-utils in packages, and alsa-sound at boot.
27
28 You probably want alsasound to start after coldplug.
29
30 > But, sound doesn't work.
31 > If I restart alsa-sound, it works.
32 > May be alsa-sound should be started after another service ?
33 > An idea ?
36 Chris Gianelloni
38 Games - Developer
39 Gentoo Linux