From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] ccache size resetting?
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:46:36
1 On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 14:26 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
2 > Hey all.
3 >
4 > It seems like whenever I use catalyst, the size of my ccache cache gets
5 > reset to the default (512M). That _really_ sucks, since it throws out a
6 > TON of my cached files (by default my cache size is 5G).
9 > I have FEATURES="ccache" and CCACHE_SIZE="5G" in my host system's
10 > /etc/make.conf file, and before I start catalyst the size of the cache
11 > is 5G, but after catalyst is done it seems to have somehow been reset to
12 > 512M again.
13 >
14 > This is happening either after livecd-stage1 is done (during the
15 > livecd-stage1 I noticed it's still set properly) or sometime in the
16 > livecd-stage2 or tarball steps, as far as I can tell.
19 > Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on this? It's making me nuts...
20
21 Your system's make.conf has nothing to do with catalyst.
22
23 Add:
24 export CCACHE_SIZE="5G"
25
26 to your envscript and everything should work fine.
29 Chris Gianelloni
31 Games - Developer
32 Gentoo Linux