From: David Bryson <mutex@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Overwriting linuxrc
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:10:03
1 On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 02:58:09PM -0400 or thereabouts, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 14:07 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
3 > > Hm. Which one of these do you modify to install your linuxrc into
4 > > /tmp/mergeroot? It seems like boot/kernel/runscript (which isn't
5 > > documented in the 1.x release notes AFAICT) runs when you're already in
6 > > the chroot, so that's too late... no?
7 >
8 > None of the embedded stuff is documented, as it is still considered
9 > experimental.
10 >
11 > David, willing to document some of it? Even just example spec files, in
12 > the same vein as the ones provided with catalyst 1.1.9 with USE=doc
13 > would be sufficient for the embedded target.
16 I have presented preliminary documentation several times on the
17 embedded list and it is clear that nobody cares enough to read it and
18 reply.
19 I jotted down enough notes to get people started, and asked for
20 feedback only to be answered by crickets.
21
22 So I never proceeded any further.
23
24 If anybody here cares: