From: Christophe PEREZ <christophe.perez@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Re: livecd-stage1 pkgconfig
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:22:23
1 Le Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:19:57 -0400, Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
2
3 > fsscript is a script, run after the default scripts, that makes changes
4 > to the filesystem and is run within the chroot.
5
6 Ok.
7
8 > livecd/overlay is an overlay over the CD, not the filesystem within the
9 > CD. We use this for the docs and snapshot, etc on the Universal CD to
10 > get things on the outside of the loop. This is for things, like, adding
11 > a README to the root of the CD.
12 >
13 > livecd/root_overlay overlays the files within the chroot and the CD's
14 > filesystem. If you want to add a working configuration for a user, then
15 > you would have an overlay that looks like this:
16
17 Oh, I had a really great understanding problem. Overlays are not
18 scripts... shame on me.
19
20 > /home/$user/.config
21 >
22 > This would copy .config to /home $user.
23
24 ok, now, I think I understand.
25
26 >> I want X is automaticaly launched at boot.
27 >
28 > This is easy. Use generic-livecd as your livecd/type (you should never
29 > use anything else since you are not building releases anyway)
30
31 I think, and hope my livecd-stage2 is generic based...
32
33 > and make
34 > sure you have X in your USE flags for livecd-stage1, when you install
35 > livecd-tools.
36
37 have it.
38
39 > If you want opengl support, then you will also need the opengl USE flag.
40
41 forgot it.
42
43 >> I add xdm:default to livecd/rcadd
44 >
45 > You should use this if you want opengl support:
46 >
47 > livecd/rcadd:
48 > x-setup|default
49 > xdm|default
50 >
51 > Use this if you do not:
52 >
53 > livecd/rcadd:
54 > mkxf86config|default
55 > xdm|default
56
57 I'll try that.
58
59 >> But, I have to create a xorg.conf dynamicaly.
60 >
61 > Now, these will create your xorg.conf file for you. Also, if you choose
62 > to use opengl, then you will need to install the nvidia and ati drivers
63 > during your livecd-stage2 packages for your kernels.
64
65 Of course.
66
67 >> I tought to use xorg -configure to create configuration, but I don't know
68 >> how to add this command (in which script) in my livecd.
69 >
70 > Bad idea.
71
72 The only one I found myself ;-)
73
74 > Try using the stuff I've already built and tested. =]
75
76 Sure.
77
78 >> In the same way, I want to add parameters of configuration during the
79 >> creation of the livecd (this is not at cd boot), have I to add them in
80 >> fsscript or root_overlay ?
81 >
82 > I don't really understand this exactly. But anything that you want
83 > changed should be in a fsscript *unless* it is just adding files. The
84 > fsscript is just a shell script that is executed by catalyst within the
85 > chroot.
86
87 Ok, it's more clear now.
88
89 > To update parameters during boot, you'll need to do some work, depending
90 > on the parameters you need to adjust. I can't really help more without
91 > more information.
92
93 I was talking about creating X configuration etc... that is only possible
94 during boot. But you already answer to that.
95