From: Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net>
To: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o, council@g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Agenda for September 14th meeting
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 16:46:19
Tobias Scherbaum wrote:
> Here's the agenda for our september 14th meeting (18 UTC), held on > #gentoo-council > > > > 3. EAPI/PMS (30 Minutes) > > 3.1. A process to modify PMS standard that doesn't directly involve > the EAPI process. > As requested by "Joshua Jackson" <tsunam@××××××.org> / User relations: > Required people: tsuname, ulm > > "Per bug I'm requesting an > AOB for the decision that was made by the PMS team about a process or > system to modify the PMS standard that doesn't directly involve the EAPI > process currently. > > I've set the hard date for them for the sept 10th meeting and this gives > them 3 weeks to work on this so it should be no issue for them to come > to this. I'm expecting them to be able to have a result by then." > > 3.2 EAPI / PMS comittee. If we do need/want one, vote on a structure: > Required people: ulm > > 3.2.1 Either we form a new committee / working group for EAPI and > PMS questions (more or less Calchan's proposal). I'd guess there > should be one or two members from the council, plus someone from > the PMS project, and a representative for each package manager. > > 3.2.2 In principle also the PMS project could play this role, but > with its current membership of only three devs it is too weak. So > some relevant people (see above) would have to join. OTOH, there's > already a bugzie alias (pms-bugs), a mailing list (gentoo-pms) and > an IRC channel set up. > > 3.2.3 Something (completely) different. >
This failed to include USERREL's actions taken in:, these include a request that the leadership in PMS change: "About the recurring issues involving PMS, the User Relations team decided to make the following recommendation: Its the opinion of the User Relations team that the Council should reconsider the current Leadership in charge of the PMS Standards Working group. Its the feeling of User Relations that interested parties in the PMS standard are being hindered by communication issues on the process and procedures required to implement changes. For the User Relations team, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto, Joshua Jackson and Homer Parker" I would like to see a slight expansion in time for 3. (possibly 10 minutes) to address this issue. -- Andrew D Kirch President Trance Communications Corp. 317-436-1024

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-council] Agenda for September 14th meeting Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>