From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-cygwin@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cygwin] interest in gentoo-cygwin
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:37:20
On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 19:59 +0100, Christian Parpart wrote:
> On Sunday 08 January 2006 13:04, Patrick Lauer wrote: > [...] > > --> write a sane rsync_exclude (or better, start a cygwin-only ebuild > > repo) > [...] > > can't believe this to be the *better* solution. > What else do we have KEYWORDS for when not for architechtures?
That's absolutely not the problem from my point of view :-)
> Although, I'd rather like to see cygwin fixed, in a way it can handle such > "valid" filenames.
The problem here is that Cygwin is incapable of parsing all filenames that are valid in Linux. RSYNC_EXCLUDE is the "easy" way out. Restricting filenames would work too. The only ebuild I can remember that had this problem was a CFEngine module - maybe this is no longer a problem? For patched ebuilds I'd prefer a cygwin-only repo until basic stuff works, no need to stuff another broken arch into the tree. Especially the insane gcc patches and the "new" libc should be kept away from the rest. wkr, Patrick -- Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-cygwin] interest in gentoo-cygwin Trevor Forbes <t4bs@×××××××××××.au>
Re: [gentoo-cygwin] interest in gentoo-cygwin Trevor Forbes <t4bs@×××××××××××.au>