From: Marc Koschewski <marc@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] xorg 7.1 rc2, zooming known to be broken? [SOLVED font rendering]
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 20:21:08
1 * Marc Koschewski <marc@×××××××××××.org> [2006-05-09 18:12:48 +0200]:
2
3 > * Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> [2006-05-09 08:54:44 -0700]:
4 >
5 > > OK, I'm testing xorg 7.1 rc2 (xorg-server-1.0.99.902-r1 and friends).
6 > >
7 > > EXA acceleration and composite ROCKS! =8^) Transparency and the other
8 > > composite tricks now use virtually no more CPU than with composite
9 > > disabled, at least on a Radeon 9200SE using the native xorg ati driver,
10 > > with dual monitors in merged framebuffer mode, on SMP Opteron 242s,
11 > > compiled with gcc-4.1.0. No more constant 50% of one CPU, as with 7.0!
12 > >
13 > > The biggest (only) problem so far is that the normal zoom keys
14 > > (CTRL-ALT-NUMPLUS/NUMMINUS) have no effect. Is that a known issue, or do
15 > > I need to file an upstream bug? I had tried the (less stable) rc1
16 > > (.99.901) for a day or so, and saw the problem there, but didn't worry too
17 > > much since that was only rc1. I'm getting worried since it's still there
18 > > in rc2, worried enough to ask about it. I use that feature enough to
19 > > definitely miss it!
20 >
21 > I use xbindkeys and transset-df for that ... am I missing something?
22 >
23 > BTW, font rendering with NVidia kernel driver is still crappy. Is there a
24 > workaround somewhere besides using the nv module?
25 >
26 > Regards,
27 > Marc
28
29 Hi Marc :D
30
31 Font rendering is ok now with the NVidia module when
32
33 Option "RenderAccel" "false"
34
35 is set in xorg.conf.