From: Marc Koschewski <marc@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] xorg 7.1 rc2, zooming known to be broken?
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 15:17:55
1 * Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> [2006-05-09 08:54:44 -0700]:
2
3 > OK, I'm testing xorg 7.1 rc2 (xorg-server-1.0.99.902-r1 and friends).
4 >
5 > EXA acceleration and composite ROCKS! =8^) Transparency and the other
6 > composite tricks now use virtually no more CPU than with composite
7 > disabled, at least on a Radeon 9200SE using the native xorg ati driver,
8 > with dual monitors in merged framebuffer mode, on SMP Opteron 242s,
9 > compiled with gcc-4.1.0. No more constant 50% of one CPU, as with 7.0!
10 >
11 > The biggest (only) problem so far is that the normal zoom keys
12 > (CTRL-ALT-NUMPLUS/NUMMINUS) have no effect. Is that a known issue, or do
13 > I need to file an upstream bug? I had tried the (less stable) rc1
14 > (.99.901) for a day or so, and saw the problem there, but didn't worry too
15 > much since that was only rc1. I'm getting worried since it's still there
16 > in rc2, worried enough to ask about it. I use that feature enough to
17 > definitely miss it!
18
19 I use xbindkeys and transset-df for that ... am I missing something?
20
21 BTW, font rendering with NVidia kernel driver is still crappy. Is there a
22 workaround somewhere besides using the nv module?
23
24 Regards,
25 Marc
26 --