From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: mp3 to cd audio
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:27:42
1 Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> posted
2 1181057718.7085.75.camel@××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Tue, 05 Jun
3 2007 10:35:18 -0500:
4
5 > I believe k3b depends entirely on cdrecord for low-level access to the
6 > CD burner. It'll do DVDs, too.
7
8 Well, for suitable values of "entirely" <g>
9
10 Note that cdrecord itself is no longer in portage, due to licensing
11 issues. The command line compatible replacement is cdrkit (forked by
12 Debian from the last free software version, when cdrecord decided to pull
13 an xfree86 and screw up its licensing), which includes a cdrecord symlink
14 for full compatibility.
15
16 For disk burning, in addition to cdrkit/cdrecord, k3b can use cdrdao for
17 disk-at-once, which is what I usually do. It uses growisofs for DVD-R/RW
18 (as opposed to +R/RW), and it uses cdrkit/cdrecord for DVD+R/RW and CDR /
19 not/ done "dao".
20
21 However, if you simply meant that k3b is just the GUI front-end, then
22 yes, you are correct.
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list