From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE Sunset Amarok
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 18:04:00
1 Hi!
2
3 On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 11:41:22AM -0500, Brent Busby wrote:
4 > So...I'd really like my Amarok 1.4 back...
5
6 My use case differs from yours, so I'm not sure it's a good advice, but if
7 you didn't tried media-sound/clementine yet - you probably should try it.
8 For me it completely replaced Amarok 1.4, I've configured it exactly like
9 my Amarok 1.4 was configured and use it in exactly same way (some global
10 hotkeys configured using my window manager (fluxbox) with help of `qdbus`).
11
12 I like Amarok 1.4 very much, but there is no sense in using it anymore -
13 it's too outdated, require a lot of outdated libs, and thus it will have
14 more and more troubles with compilation, more security issues, etc.
15 It's dead. This is very sad, but only way to go is try to switch to one of
16 replacements for Amarok 1.4 - there are about 3-4 such projects AFAIK
17 (which was born as replacement for Amarok 1.4), and clementine is one of them.
20 WBR, Alex.