From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Drag and drop failure
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 04:41:38
1 Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> posted
2 1213896506.20666.16.camel@××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Thu, 19 Jun
3 2008 12:28:26 -0500:
4
5 > In all cases, I get the movable ul_angle with the "+" or arrow in it,
6 > and when I move it to the target area on the app, I get no response from
7 > the app. When I release the mouse the cursor/icon moves back to its
8 > original location. This is a royal PITA since I need to change column
9 > headers on a number of indexes in evolution and there's no way other
10 > than dragon drop to do this. Same with setting up toolbars in firefox!
11 >
12 > Any genuine insight or guidance will be appreciated. I'm willing to try
13 > just about anything to keep everything working properly.
14
15 YMMV on this as I'm a KDE power user and as a result, dislike GNOME's
16 crippled options with a passion, but I'd suggest checking dbus. It
17 sounds like the dbus messages aren't getting thru telling the app over
18 which the mouse is hovering that it's there.
19
20 First, assure dbus is running. It may be as simple as it's now failing
21 to start for some reason. Hopefully it does start manually, at least.
22 Note that you can start it as a system service if necessary. If you
23 didn't have it started as a system service already, it may be that the
24 auto-start is screwed up, but starting it as a system service will still
25 work.
26
27 If it won't start, or it's going, maybe certain apps haven't been rebuilt
28 after a change somewhere. Try running revdep-rebuild and see if that
29 helps.
30
31 May or may not help, as I said I'm not a GNOME user. It's worth
32 checking, however, and I do hope it helps.
37 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
40 gentoo-desktop@l.g.o mailing list