From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: KDE Sunset Amarok
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 21:03:14
1 Alex Schuster posted on Thu, 02 Aug 2012 14:19:23 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > I still use Konqueror... not really sure why. I like it, yes, it looks
4 > more KDEish than Firefox, and it opens in a new window instead as a new
5 > tab in an existing Firefox window, which probably could be changed
6 > anyway... but a problem are the bookmarks, moving multiple top-level
7 > bookmarks to a folder makes keditbookmarks crash, sometimes losing some
8 > of those bookmarks, and sometimes it will additionally delete the very
9 > first folder. Happened at least three times for me, and guess what, the
10 > first bookmark folder is named 'Accounts' and is the most important one
11 > for me. Then I will have to get an old version of bookmarks.xml from a
12 > backup and merge it with the current file.
13
14 Interesting. I still use kde/konqueror bookmarks as I'm able to open
15 them from a dedicated bookmarks menu plasmoid, but I've /never/ (to my
16 recollection) had that issue. I moved to firefox for other reasons, and
17 gripe a bit to myself when I have to create a new bookmark in kde semi-
18 manually since it's not kde-integrated like konqueror, but I've never had
19 problems with kde's bookmarks.
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman