From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bugzilla etiquette suggestions
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:29:20
1 On 2/13/06, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
2 > But... If INVALID is renamed, could we get a new GOAWAY resolution for
3 > people who really deserve it?
4
5 I would tend to agree with this. I myself was the 'victim' of an
6 aggressively worded INVALID resolution to a bug report I filed due to
7 my screwing up an upgrade to java 1.5. Even though I didn't
8 particularly /like/ the response, I did learn that:
9
10 1. It was my own fault.
11 2. I needed to be really damn sure about future bug reports,
12 particularly when I unmask things!
13
14 So even if INVALID is watered down to be gentle to new (or easily
15 offended) users, you do occasionally need to smack abusers or people
16 who should know better (like me).
17
18 -Richard
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list