From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bugzilla etiquette suggestions
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 08:16:08
1 On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 15:53:37 -0700 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 | Consider this: INVALID is strong enough, under the wrong
3 | circumstances, that it /could/ set an emotionally unstable user off,
4 | causing them to commit suicide or something.
5
6 Some people go around setting fire to embassies when they don't
7 understand a joke. Doesn't mean we should care about or cater to such
8 people.
9
10 INVALID doesn't necessarily mean it was wrong for the user to file the
11 bug. Heck, I've closed the occasional bug as INVALID (and sometimes have
12 even had the reporter do it) after massive debugging sessions and
13 discussions that go on for dozens of pages.
14
15 But... If INVALID is renamed, could we get a new GOAWAY resolution for
16 people who really deserve it?
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm