From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] games.eclass policy
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 18:09:16
1 On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > I was stating the apparent state of facts. If people are told they're
4 > supposed to go with games team, use their eclass, follow their
5 > policies, that's how it looks to people.
8 That's an entirely different point from the one I was making. But I'll
9 entertain you anyway. All teams have rules and enforce them. If I commit,
10 say, a python package and I don't use the python eclass, I'm sure to get a
11 bug filed telling me to do so, a python team-member forcing the change on
12 me if I refuse, this escalating to comrel if I complain or reverse the
13 change, etc... So why would it be OK for the python team to coerce and not
14 OK for the games team? In other words, why would the games team have less
15 right to good housekeeping than the python team? Here python is just an
16 example, I could have picked any other team.
17
18 Denis.