From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] games.eclass policy
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 18:38:58
1 On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 11:08:30 -0700
2 Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > I was stating the apparent state of facts. If people are told they're
7 > > supposed to go with games team, use their eclass, follow their
8 > > policies, that's how it looks to people.
11 > That's an entirely different point from the one I was making. But I'll
12 > entertain you anyway. All teams have rules and enforce them. If I commit,
13 > say, a python package and I don't use the python eclass, I'm sure to get a
14 > bug filed telling me to do so, a python team-member forcing the change on
15 > me if I refuse, this escalating to comrel if I complain or reverse the
16 > change, etc... So why would it be OK for the python team to coerce and not
17 > OK for the games team? In other words, why would the games team have less
18 > right to good housekeeping than the python team? Here python is just an
19 > example, I could have picked any other team.
20
21 Well, maybe it's because you can talk to Python team, discuss and not
22 get ignored by them. Unlike games team members who believe it's best to
23 ignore certain developers. Then QA team. Then the Council.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny
28 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>