From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] games.eclass policy
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 01:07:28
1 On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, maybe it's because you can talk to Python team, discuss and not
4 > get ignored by them.
7 We've already established the same is true for the games team. I'm a living
8 example of it and I can't imagine I'm the only one.
11 > Unlike games team members who believe it's best to
12 > ignore certain developers.
15 I certainly hope we can still ignore abrasive developers since it's been
16 proven many times that it's the best way to deal with them.
17
18 So, you don't answer my question. Or rather, you answer with a specious
19 statement. Since you're being unusually shy I will say what you're trying
20 hard not so say. There are actually first-class projects catered for by
21 first-class developers, and those can set rules like the mandatory use of
22 an eclass and actually enforce them. Then there are second-class projects
23 and developers who can do the same as long as it doesn't bother the
24 first-class people. Second-class developers, often working quietly and
25 steadily, not wasting their time on mailing-lists like I just did, can see
26 their projects trampled over at any time for the mere reason that they were
27 trying to keep their business in order, just like first-class developers do.
28
29 Thank you for the clarification.
30
31 Denis.