From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding USE=udev to linux profiles
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 03:49:52
1 You are denying the majority default here. Granted, we don't have statistics... Cuz Gentoo.
2
3 On July 19, 2018 6:00:44 PM EDT, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
4 >On 07/19/2018 05:51 PM, Ben Kohler wrote:
5 >> Hello,
6 >>
7 >> I'd like to propose adding USE=udev to our linux profiles (in
8 >> profiles/default/linux/make.defaults probably). This flag is already
9 >
10 >> enabled on desktop profiles but it also affects quite a few packages
11 >> used on non-desktop linux systems.
12 >>
13 >> ...
14 >>
15 >> Any objections to this idea?
18 >Please add defaults per-package, only where they make sense. Enabling
19 >flags globally creates a huge headache for people that want them off.
20 >
21 >If I want to undo your new flag, I have to set USE="-udev" globally,
22 >and
23 >that clobbers any important per-package defaults that maintainers have
24 >set.
27 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.