From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] seamonkey -> nss vs nspr
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:20:11
1 * Martin Schlemmer <azarah@××××××××××××.org> schrieb:
2
3 <snip>
4
5 > > build or unpack both nspr and nss and then look whats laying around
6 > > there. the nss sourcetree contains the nsprpub tree.
9 > Yes, but we don't install it with the nss ebuild, as our build uses
10 > system nspr. I am sure you could check with upstream, but they will
11 > probably say its intended as nss needs nspr if I remember correctly.
12
13 So the nspr subtree in nss is dead code (for gentoo) ?
14 Then we better should remove it - just to be sure ;-)
15
16 BTW: it seems both nspr and nss are not really standalone packages,
17 but instead snippets from CVS which requires much manual interaction
18 (which is done by the ebuild). IMHO it would be worth investing some
19 time into making both nspr and nss standalone packages with clean
20 pkg-config, etc. Although I dislike autotools for some reasons
21 (ie. crosscompiling is very ugly) we could use it until something
22 better is available (in fact I'm working on my build tool ...).
23 Something Xorg-modular ;-) Many distros would benefit from that.
26 cu
27 --
29 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
31 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
32 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
33 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
34 http://patches.metux.de/
36 --
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list