From: tneidt@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] standards/conventions? (LDPATH, include files)
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 13:33:32
1 Hi!
2
3 Good questions. I've been wondering the same thing myself.
4
5 I also have a somewhat related question. Gentoo Linux doesn't seem to set a
6 global LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental variable like most mainstream linux
7 distributions (RedHat, Debian, etc.) do. I far as I can tell, this is a _good_
8 thing. (see http://www.visi.com/~barr/ldpath.html). However, some applications
9 look for this variable. Is there a way, around this? Specifically, I've been
10 looking into Webmin (http://www.webmin.com/webmin/), and trying to work up some
11 gentoo config files for it. The top level config file seems to want
12 LD_LIBRARY_PATH. At least that is what is in the config files for the other
13 distributions.
14
15 tod
16
17 > Are there any conventions on where to store include files? Also, when
18 > should one not store files in /usr/lib and instead put a file in
19 > /etc/env.d that sets LDPATH? The current package I'm working on defaults
20 > to /usr/lib and /usr/include. I've looked in both of these directories
21 > and it seems like it should be fine. Is this correct?
22 >
23 > Zach
26 > gentoo-dev mailing list
27 > gentoo-dev@g.o