From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 news item for review: Radiant upgrade
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 19:58:36
1 On Sun, 6 May 2007 15:43:45 -0400
2 Dan Meltzer <hydrogen@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > No, I've read the other threads. You've not explained how this is a
4 > critical update that requires a news item. You've said repeatedly in
5 > response to related questions that your experience with news for one
6 > package in one overlay used by a small subset of users that uses said
7 > package recieved good feedback, and that they would like to be
8 > informed of changes in the future. You were informed that elog can do
9 > just that, and you said repeatedly that elog is not sufficient
10 > because its not loggged by default. You could easily make elog
11 > logged by default in paludis, and that would achieve the same result
12 > as a news item. What did I forget?
13
14 Er, making elog logged by default would not solve the "requires an
15 explicit read" problem. Making elog require an explicit read would
16 be far too annoying because most elog notices are noise. We've been
17 over this already.
20 Ciaran McCreesh