From: Dan Meltzer <hydrogen@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 news item for review: Radiant upgrade
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 20:05:17
1 On Sunday 06 May 2007 3:53:47 pm Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 6 May 2007 15:43:45 -0400
3 >
4 > Dan Meltzer <hydrogen@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > No, I've read the other threads. You've not explained how this is a
6 > > critical update that requires a news item. You've said repeatedly in
7 > > response to related questions that your experience with news for one
8 > > package in one overlay used by a small subset of users that uses said
9 > > package recieved good feedback, and that they would like to be
10 > > informed of changes in the future. You were informed that elog can do
11 > > just that, and you said repeatedly that elog is not sufficient
12 > > because its not loggged by default. You could easily make elog
13 > > logged by default in paludis, and that would achieve the same result
14 > > as a news item. What did I forget?
15 >
16 > Er, making elog logged by default would not solve the "requires an
17 > explicit read" problem. Making elog require an explicit read would
18 > be far too annoying because most elog notices are noise. We've been
19 > over this already.
20
21 Not if one filters it properly. ELOG_CLASSES="warn error" sounds like a sane
22 default to me.
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list