From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Devmanual text on ChangeLogs
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 09:08:14
1 >>>>> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011, Petteri Räty wrote:
2
3 > I propose a simple new text: "Every commit should have an entry in
4 > ChangeLog."
5
6 This would throw the baby out with the bath water.
7
8 I won't clutter ChangeLogs with useless entries for whitespace changes
9 or spelling fixes in comments, for example. They already account for a
10 considerable (too large?) percentage of the portage tree [1], and we
11 shouldn't blow them up further by adding useless information.
12
13 Ulrich
14
15 [1] http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2009/09/28/the-size-of-the-gentoo-tree
16 (this is from 2009, so probably it's even worse now)