From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Breaking up the beast known as app-games
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 04:13:34
1 On Thursday 04 September 2003 16:14, Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
2 > On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 21:45:30 +0200
3 >
4 > Camille Huot <cam@××××××.net> wrote:
5 > > sounds nice. I think there is some work to be done to portage to get
6 > > this working.
7 >
8 > I don't see the main difficulty in modifying portage, but rather in
9 > doing the transition to the new tree without breaking backward
10 > compatibility with old installed portage versions. There are some
11 > people, especialy those who run gentoo on production servers, who don't
12 > do their weekly deep update :/
13
14 nah, if we change the rsync targets ... :)
15 then have the 'next gen' of portage sync against the new target ... old people
16 wouldnt get updates so they'd be encouraged to upgrade their portage and
17 update the rsync target ...
18
19 i'm not saying that this rsync is the answer ... the point is that it can be
20 done semi-easily ...
21 -mike