From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Scheme herd team needs some love
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 04:36:57
1 No one is working on the Scheme herd in Gentoo. scheme@g.o
2 includes only me, but I'm not doing anything with Scheme and don't
3 really care to either.
4
5 Several of our Scheme implementations in Portage are out of date,
6 (chicken, gambit, drscheme, bigloo and, dare I mention, guile).
7
8 There are new ebuilds languishing in bugzilla which have yet to be
9 added to Portage (scheme48, elk, tinyscheme.
10
11 There are several bugs for build failures and dependency problems.
14 If you have an interest in Scheme and the Gentoo project, I encourage
15 you to go through the new developer process and start maintaining
16 these Scheme ebuilds.
19 Matt
22 Matthew Kennedy
23 Gentoo Linux Developer (Public Key 0x401903E0)
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list