From: "Vicente García Diez" <vicentegarcia@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PS2 and Gentoo Linux
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 13:58:31
1 Hi all.
2
3 Thanks for your answer. I see that It's funny an It's possible :)
4
5 But, why can't use a 2.6.X kernel in a PS2¿
6
7 Thanks in advance :)
10 > Technically, gentoo is already ported to the PS2, as it is just a mips
11 > machine. However, the PS2 needs custom toolchain and kernel ebuilds.
12 > Some fellow already did it a while back, including a custom portage tree
13 > overlay that would work with the machine. However, he disappeared
14 > shortly after somebody leaked the news to slashdot, and since then that
15 > is all very out of date.
16 >
17 > Really, the problem with gentoo on PS2 is that you need a *very* *very*
18 > old toolchain, and you have to use a 2.2 kernel from what I understand.
19 > When it comes down to it, it really isn't worth buying a PS2 just to
20 > run linux on it, as you will probably be very disappointed.
21 >
22 > Steve
26 iCubo NetWork http://icubo.unileon.es
27
28 GNU/Linux Gentoo 1.4
29
30 En un mundo de mentiras, la verdad es el único peligro.
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list