From: Ewan Mac Mahon <ecm103@×××××××.uk>
To: Gentoo-User <gentoo-user@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] splitted ebuilds for vim and gvim
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 09:10:23
1 On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Hannes Mehnert wrote:
2
3 > Hi everyone,
4 >
5 > I just commited seperate ebuilds for gvim and vim.
8 I seem to be a lone dissenting voice here, so I'm proably missing
9 something, but is this really a good idea? I've always regarded the
10 split packaging of vim in other distros as an unfortunate consequence of
11 their not being able to handle compile time options. Since one of gentoos
12 strengths is that it can this seems an odd decision - what's the advantage
13 over using the X and gtk USE settings like before?
14
15 Ewan