From: "Dennis Lan (dlan)" <dennis.yxun@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] app-dict team needs help
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 21:31:29
1 On Tuesday, June 4, 2013, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
2
3 > Hello guys,
4 >
5 > the app-dict team is almost-non existent altho it provides one of the most
6 > core features for our daily desktop usage as without dictionaries and spell
7 > checking we could not imagine much work nowdays.
8 >
9 > So what is needed there:
10 >
11 > aspell - all various bugs around, per language file bumps here and there,
12 > cleanup and provide new eclass for aspell packages, current one is
13 > needlesly
14 > complex.
15 >
16 > myspell(hunspell): finish migration to myspell-r1 on the remaining
17 > packages,
18 > find more upstreams and include the lang files into the distribution. Most
19 > important here is that we have dicts for english from 2007 and they were
20 > updated a lot in last 6 years when i check the git in libreoffice dicts
21 > (but
22 > there is no upstream indication).
23 >
24 > stardict: trivial bugs around but i don't use stardict.
25 >
26 > Hi Tomas
27 I'm a stardict user, let me know what I can help
30 > I check this herd as I need it for nice and compfy libreoffice usage, but
31 > mostly I am not devoting much to it, so if you guys happen to have spare
32 > cycles, please take look for your languages/etc and updated&cleanup, also
33 > if
34 > you happen to fill stablereq, just cc arches directly there.
35 >
36 > Cheers
37 >
38 > Tom