From: Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Partimage on the livecd
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 02:38:02
1 Christian Zoffoli wrote:
2
3 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
4 > [cut]
5 >
6 >> <snip>
9 > Sysrescuecd works only on x86, the ppc version is in beta from months
10 > and months and it doesn't work with a network backup solution like
11 > bacula or something similar (FYI projects like qtparted are officially
12 > death).
13 >
14 > And I'm agree with many users that want a recovery solution integrated
15 > with the "install disk".
18 > Christian
19 >
20 > --
21 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
22
23 One of the things I enjoy about Gentoo is how small the install disk is,
24 that I can quickly nab 50 megs and burn it in about 5 minutes, compared
25 to say FC3 and it's 5 CD's. Install disks for Installing, Recovery
26 disks for Recovery :) There are a lot of CD's that are great for
27 recovery ( albiet I will admit not many for alt arches ). No one is
28 stopping you from rolling your own debian variation that runs on
29 multiplatform. I'm all for more tools that make the install easier, but
30 space is at a premium, especially with gentoo-installer and X on the
31 liveCD ( when is that coming out *grin* ).
32 --
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list