From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add LCD_DEVICES to USE_EXPAND
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:07:29
1 On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 01:15 +0100, Robert Buchholz wrote:
2 > If no one objects, I'd like to implement these changes. But there are
3 > some questions still open:
4 > * Who will add the entries to base/make.defaults? Can I do this?
5
6 Not only *can* you, but you absolutely *must* do this if you're making
7 the changes. The profiles aren't some black box that nobody can touch.
8 The only thing anyone asks is that you know the ramifications of your
9 actions. Asking here and getting sound advice should suffice for
10 determining whether something is worth doing and the proper solution.
11 *Not* adding these yourself means pawning work off on someone else, and
12 possibly breaking (at least) your packages, and a violation of policy
13 (the "don't break the tree" one).
14
15 > * Should the defaults and the USE_EXPAND entry be in base/ even though
16 > both programs do not are not keyworded for all arches?
17
18 Yes. After all, they *may* be keyworded on any arch. It isn't like the
19 hardware/software *can't* run on those arches.
22 Chris Gianelloni
23 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
24 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
25 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
26 Gentoo Foundation