From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: EAPI spec (was Re: Re: let's clear things up (was Slacker archs))
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:43:10
1 On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 04:13 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > | and Gianelloni for the infrastructure.
3 >
4 > And what on earth do infrastructure have to do with a package manager
5 > specification?
6
7 Especially considering that I am not an infrastructure guy. I'll be
8 honest. I'm not concerned personally with the *contents* of the package
9 manager specification, since I know it will end up being reviewed by
10 many. What I am mostly concerned with is making sure that we're moving
11 forward as efficiently as possible. I want this spec so we can all get
12 cracking on making everything support it. The contents itself I leave
13 to more capable hands. I'll be reviewing it when it is released, but
14 that's only just to assist in the process.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
19 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
20 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
21 Gentoo Foundation