From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Questions about SystemD and OpenRC
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 17:32:37
1 On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 11:33:59 -0400
3 > Sylvain Alain <d2racing911@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> The KDE team seems to work on that too :
6 >> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=134052539215508&w=2
7 >
8 > it's actually worth it.
9 > more user-spread FUD or however you like to call it on the topic than
10 > I'm not sure if *devs* are actually working on that. I believe there's
11
12 Perhaps not official Gentoo devs, but users taking development
13 initiative to solve a problem in userland. I'm not an official Gentoo
14 dev, either, but I think it'd be a very bad idea to discourage or
15 ridicule such initiative. Someone putting in that much effort in light
16 of all the information already available isn't something that should
17 be taken lightly!
20 >> Now I understand why some devs are working hard to make Mdev working
21 >> with OpenRC.
24 > different, you could as well disable USE=udev and use regular udev.
25
26 > equivalent to KDE/GNOME/whatever without anything? And if it's no
27
28 > But you are aware that KDE/GNOME/whatever+mdev would be practically
29
30 (My reason for replying...looks like a few chunks of text got lost here.)
31
32 [snip]
36 :wq