From: Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:22:32
1 On 6/28/05, Fernando J. Pereda <ferdy@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 11:53:17AM +0200, Ioannis Aslanidis wrote:
3 > > > Nope; if you become staff then devrel/recruiters will be involved. You
4 > > > are no exception to the rule.
5 > >
6 > > Incorrect. As devrel already stated, this won't change ever. We will
7 > > be always the ones to do this.
8 >
9 > I still don't see *WHY* you should be different from us. If you want to
10 > manage your recruits then they can't be gentoo staff.
11
12 One reason could be that we are _not_ going to be called developers but staff.
13
14 > Arch teams have developed a new 'figure', the arch tester. Not official
15 > gentoo staff but somehow involved with us; arch teams manage their own
16 > arch tester recruitment process. If that's the situation you want then
17 > they won't become gentoo staff.
18
19 Didn't I say that was already agreed with devrel?
20
21 > > And some of us were already doing stuff for Gentoo much before the
22 > > quizes became mandatory, so it would be fair that all of us that were
23 > > mods/admins before that date would be treated *that* way.
24 >
25 > Still, you weren't gentoo staff. Helping out since then doesn't make you
26 > any different from the recruitment point of view (IMHO).
27
28 Then the problem is we should have been done in that moment, so this
29 is one more reason in favor of taking old mods to staff with no quiz
30 stright away.
33 Ioannis Aslanidis
34
35 <deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E
36 <deathwing00[at]forums.gentoo.org> 0xC2539DA3
37 <aioannis[at]tinet.org> 0xF202D067
38 <dwcommander[at]users.sourceforge.net>
39
40 Hellenic Gentoo GNU/Linux project manager (http://hellenicgentoo.sf.net)
41 FIRECOPS++ project manager (http://firecops.sf.net)
42 Digger Realoaded (http://digger-reloaded.sf.net)
43 Gentoo Forums Global Moderator (http://forums.gentoo.org)
44
45 Computer Engineering student at Universitat Rovira i Virgili
48 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list