From: "Fernando J. Pereda" <ferdy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:11:10
1 On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 11:53:17AM +0200, Ioannis Aslanidis wrote:
2 > > Nope; if you become staff then devrel/recruiters will be involved. You
3 > > are no exception to the rule.
4 >
5 > Incorrect. As devrel already stated, this won't change ever. We will
6 > be always the ones to do this.
7
8 I still don't see *WHY* you should be different from us. If you want to
9 manage your recruits then they can't be gentoo staff.
10
11 Arch teams have developed a new 'figure', the arch tester. Not official
12 gentoo staff but somehow involved with us; arch teams manage their own
13 arch tester recruitment process. If that's the situation you want then
14 they won't become gentoo staff.
15
16 > And some of us were already doing stuff for Gentoo much before the
17 > quizes became mandatory, so it would be fair that all of us that were
18 > mods/admins before that date would be treated *that* way.
19
20 Still, you weren't gentoo staff. Helping out since then doesn't make you
21 any different from the recruitment point of view (IMHO).
22
23 Cheers,
24 Ferdy
27 \\|// . . . o o o o O O ( Born to be )
28 o o ( FREE )
30 | Fernando José Pereda Garcimartín - http://www.ferdyx.org |
31 | Gentoo Linux Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferdy |
32 | [ ferdy AT ferdyx DOT org ] && [ ferdy AT gentoo DOT org ] |
33 | 20BB BDC3 761A 4781 E6ED ED0B 0A48 5B0C 60BD 28D4 |