From: Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:55:30
1 On 6/28/05, Fernando J. Pereda <ferdy@g.o> wrote:
2 > > > In that regard, you do not get to take care of your own things anymore.
3 > >
4 > > We will still recruit new mods/admins and take care of them. We will still moderate and administering the board and the software. We will still vote on new policies and guidelines. I fail to see what you mean by saying that.
5 >
6 > Nope; if you become staff then devrel/recruiters will be involved. You
7 > are no exception to the rule.
8
9 Incorrect. As devrel already stated, this won't change ever. We will
10 be always the ones to do this.
11
12 > > > Every developer and staff has taken the quiz [...]
13 > >
14 > > Sorry, but thats not correct (at least to my knowledge). - Back in the good ol' days most of the developers knew each other and knew who was doing what. Taking a quiz became mandatory back in 2003 iirc. Devs who were already aboard did not need to take the quiz.
15 >
16 > Those people were already gentoo staff, you aren't right now, so it's
17 > not the same situation.
18
19 And some of us were already doing stuff for Gentoo much before the
20 quizes became mandatory, so it would be fair that all of us that were
21 mods/admins before that date would be treated *that* way.
25 Ioannis Aslanidis
26
27 <deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E
28 <deathwing00[at]forums.gentoo.org> 0xC2539DA3
29 <aioannis[at]tinet.org> 0xF202D067
30 <dwcommander[at]users.sourceforge.net>
31
32 Hellenic Gentoo GNU/Linux project manager (http://hellenicgentoo.sf.net)
33 FIRECOPS++ project manager (http://firecops.sf.net)
34 Digger Realoaded (http://digger-reloaded.sf.net)
35 Gentoo Forums Global Moderator (http://forums.gentoo.org)
36
37 Computer Engineering student at Universitat Rovira i Virgili
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list