From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] documenting using LVM during the install.
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 06:23:24
1 Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no> writes:
2
3 > Tony Clark <tclark@×××××.com> writes:
4 >
5 > > I'm not sure if the URL below is of help or not but it does though
6 > > up a number of html errors.
7 >
8 > I know. this is a problem with the xsl used by the standard Gentoo
9 > documentation. it is _not_ a good thing produce errors per se.
10
11 <url: http://terje.kvernes.no/lvm-fixed.html >. the top image
12 breaks up, for some odd reason. I know it's fixable, I just haven't
13 bothered. also, I don't see any reason why the image _is_ broken,
14 but that just might be me.
15
16 > > I'm no html person so I'm not too sure. I know that the page
17 > > doesn't not render correctly in konqueror.
18 >
19 > that seems to be a bug in konqueror, but I will see if I can twist
20 > the xsl around so that it will work correctly. the problem seems to
21 > be multiline warning- and note-boxes.
22
23 gaaah. konqueror has _real_ issues. the fixed page breaks even
24 more. sigh. maybe it's time to ditch konqueror for good. I was
25 starting to enjoy using it.
26
27 > > A number of the other doc pages at gentoo.org don't either for
28 > > that matter. Could be important for some I guess. I guess the
29 > > other thing I like is to number headings as it makes it a little
30 > > easier to read, either that or double space between the code
31 > > listing example and the next heading. They tend to merge as it is
32 > > and you not really sure if the code listing is for the stuff above
33 > > it or below it.
34 >
35 > hm, point. gawk. I really hate xsl, oh well, what we don't do for
36 > the community. ;-)
37
38 my paws are all messy and gooey. now I need to shoot some pool or
39 something. ;-)
42 Terje