From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Make manifest signatures mandatory for repoman commit
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 09:27:23
1 On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:06:22 +0200 Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Dnia 2015-04-15, o godz. 11:59:12
3 > Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > why manifest signatures are still optional for repoman?
8 > >
9 > > Repoman signatures are currently optional and this creates nasty
10 > > consequences: if signing errors occurs, repoman still proceeds :/
11 > >
12 > > I just had a phone call during repoman commit and was not able to
13 > > type my password. Due to gpg-agent timeout repoman completed commit
14 > > without a signature :( Should signatures be mandatory, repoman will
15 > > bail out on such conditions and devs can recommit again safely.
16 >
17 > This is problem with the CVS two-commit procedure. The only solution is
18 > to stop using CVS keywords which people don't want to do because THEY
19 > ARE SO VERY USEFUL.
20 >
21 > Or make repoman do first commit without Manifest, so instead of
22 > unsigned Manifest you'd have Manifest failure.
23
24 Is there any way to commit manifest first, then the rest of the
25 files? Of course there may be a network failure in-between, but
26 this should easily fixable with one more repoman commit run.
29 Best regards,
30 Andrew Savchenko