From: Lina Pezzella <j4rg0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is anyone a prude?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:12:17
2 Hash: SHA1
5 On Feb 27, 2005, at 6:24 PM, Jason S wrote:
8 > --- Lina Pezzella <j4rg0n@g.o> wrote:
9 >
11 >> Hash: SHA1
12 >>
13 >> This thread brings up a very good point. There are
14 >> little children
15 >> using our distribution, and they should not be
16 >> exposed to dirty words
17 >> such as the one being disputed in this thread. There
18 >> are other packages
19 >> that are also questionable too. "BitchX" comes to
20 >> mind, and "Evolution"
21 >> is on the top of my die-package-die list. We
22 >> certainly wouldn't want
23 >> little children asking about that, now would we?
24 >>
25 >> In light of the above, I suggest that in the
26 >> interest of being sure not
27 >> to offend anyone, we remove the three aforementioned
28 >> packages and any
29 >> others that might be offensive. It's not censorship,
30 >> it's decency.
31 >
32 > Thanks for the mocking. :(
33
34 I wasn't mocking you. I was making a point about the dangers of
35 censorship.
38 > Well maybe we should have a vote if my moderating
39 > services are no longer needed. I could find better
40 > things to do with my time quite frankly. I just took
41 > the job because it was policy and something I could do
42 > in the background, and I took the heat from other
43 > devs. It's boring and a thankless job. I even get
44 > threats to my life sometimes, nevermind them sharing
45 > their thoughts of what they think of me. ;)
46
47 I never mentioned what I thought of you; please don't misrepresent my
48 words. Furthermore, my post had to do with censoring Ciaran's package
49 in the tree, not maintaining a level of politeness in a chat room.
52 > Maybe it's time to do something else.
53
54 If that's the way you feel, then so be it. However, I think we would
55 all hate to lose your valuable help in #gentoo.
58 > regards,
59 > kutsuya (aka bit`)
67 > Do you Yahoo!?
68 > Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.
69 > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
70 > --
71 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
74 Lina Pezzella