From: Jason S <kutsuya1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is anyone a prude?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:24:38
1 --- Lina Pezzella <j4rg0n@g.o> wrote:
2
4 > Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 > This thread brings up a very good point. There are
7 > little children
8 > using our distribution, and they should not be
9 > exposed to dirty words
10 > such as the one being disputed in this thread. There
11 > are other packages
12 > that are also questionable too. "BitchX" comes to
13 > mind, and "Evolution"
14 > is on the top of my die-package-die list. We
15 > certainly wouldn't want
16 > little children asking about that, now would we?
17 >
18 > In light of the above, I suggest that in the
19 > interest of being sure not
20 > to offend anyone, we remove the three aforementioned
21 > packages and any
22 > others that might be offensive. It's not censorship,
23 > it's decency.
24
25 Thanks for the mocking. :(
26
27 Well maybe we should have a vote if my moderating
28 services are no longer needed. I could find better
29 things to do with my time quite frankly. I just took
30 the job because it was policy and something I could do
31 in the background, and I took the heat from other
32 devs. It's boring and a thankless job. I even get
33 threats to my life sometimes, nevermind them sharing
34 their thoughts of what they think of me. ;)
35
36 Maybe it's time to do something else.
37
38 regards,
39 kutsuya (aka bit`)
47 Do you Yahoo!?
48 Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.
49 http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
50 --
51 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list