From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: UPower upstream (git master) and 0.99 release -> No sys-power/pm-utils support anymore
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 13:31:14
1 On 03/06/14 16:20, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 >> This has already hit stable. The dependency on systemd is present in
3 >> sys-power/upower-0.9.23-r3, which was just stablized.
4 > Ehm, no, version 0.9.23-r3 controls that with a systemd USE flag;
5
6 No, it doesn't.
7
8 > in comparison, 0.99.0 mainly wants you to run it with systemd:
9
10 "mainly", as in, since 0.99.0 removed support for hibenate/suspend
11 in favour of systemd, the power/session managers need to integrate
12 their own hibernate/suspend support diffently.
13 For example, I'm using Xfce, OpenRC, UPower 0.99.0, pm-utils, Xfce 4.11+
14 and I have hibernate/suspend working just fine without systemd.
15 And UPower is for much more than hibernate/suspend, it has dozens of
16 features, so anykind of systemd dependency on 0.99.0 wouldn't make sense
19 > 26 May 2014; Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
20 > upower-0.99.0.ebuild: This release is mainly for use with
21 > sys-apps/systemd because upstream removed support for
22 > sys-power/pm-utils completely from git master. The 0.9 branch is for
23 > sys-power/pm-utils use. Adjust ebuild accordingly.
24 >
25 > Though I'm a bit confused why 0.99.0 doesn't list a systemd dependency;
26 > I thought it had one, but maybe it is in another package I'm unaware of.
29 Outdated ChangeLog entry from March, those were the facts we dealt back
30 then,
31 only partly true anymore, consumers have evolved