From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 30: "Planet Gentoo" web log aggregator
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 01:10:27
1 On Tue October 26 2004 19:35, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > My goal is simply to have a quantifiable measure of success for this
3 > GLEP, be it # of posts, # of hits or something entirely different.
4
5 We can point to numerous other projects that already do this. Apart from
6 taking a vote, there's no meaningful Gentoo statistic that we can generate
7 in advance of actually testing it. We're not fortune-tellers.
8
9 As long as we're in general agreement that "if it doesn't get used, it gets
10 taken down", what is the problem? There are a lot of tools that could be
11 of great or negative value, and we won't know until we try.
12
13 Let's do what almost any other website in the world does when testing a new
14 feature. We'll call it "beta". If it doesn't work out, it goes away.
17 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]
18 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list