From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] hasufell's extended leave and libressl
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 01:03:27
1 On 1/16/16 7:54 PM, Joshua Kinard wrote:
2 > On 01/16/2016 19:41, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
3 >> Hi everyone,
4 >>
5 >> I emailed Julian earlier today and asked him to come back. He state in
6 >> no uncertain terms that he does not intend on coming back.
7 >>
8 >> Julian and I were working on the libressl project together. He was
9 >> doing the lion share and I contributed here and there for packages that
10 >> I was interested in.
11 >>
12 >> I just don't have time to push that project through on my own. Mostly
13 >> what needs to be done is the migration to the tree as described on the
14 >> following page:
15 >>
16 >> https://github.com/gentoo/libressl/wiki/Transition-plan
17 >>
18 >> I'd like to solicit help in pushing this through. Any takers?
19 >
20 > Is the plan to just make packages in the tree compatible with libressl so that
21 > users can choose either one, or to migrate off of openssl entirely?
24 The plan is basically this ...
25
26 IUSE="libressl ssl"
27
28 RDEPEND="
29 ssl? (
30 !libressl? ( dev-libs/openssl:0 )
31 libressl? ( dev-libs/libressl )
32 )
33 "
34
35 You choose either libressl or openssl and you build the entire tree with
36 that.
39 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
40 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
41 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
42 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
43 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA