From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] hasufell's extended leave and libressl
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 00:54:43
1 On 01/16/2016 19:41, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I emailed Julian earlier today and asked him to come back. He state in
5 > no uncertain terms that he does not intend on coming back.
6 >
7 > Julian and I were working on the libressl project together. He was
8 > doing the lion share and I contributed here and there for packages that
9 > I was interested in.
10 >
11 > I just don't have time to push that project through on my own. Mostly
12 > what needs to be done is the migration to the tree as described on the
13 > following page:
14 >
15 > https://github.com/gentoo/libressl/wiki/Transition-plan
16 >
17 > I'd like to solicit help in pushing this through. Any takers?
18
19 Is the plan to just make packages in the tree compatible with libressl so that
20 users can choose either one, or to migrate off of openssl entirely?
23 Joshua Kinard
24 Gentoo/MIPS
25 kumba@g.o
26 6144R/F5C6C943 2015-04-27
27 177C 1972 1FB8 F254 BAD0 3E72 5C63 F4E3 F5C6 C943
28
29 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our
30 lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
31
32 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic