From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy questions - Adding USE flags and licenses...
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:09:22
1 On Wednesday 21 January 2004 06:02, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
2 > 1. What's the policy for adding new USE flags to gentoo? I recently
3 > came across this myself when putting together an updated ebuild for
4 > squirrelmail which added anti-virus and gpg plugin options. There's no
5 > 'gpg' USE flag... ssl is "close" but doesn't quite fit... also there is
6 > 'clamav' for using clamav or 'oav' for using openantivirus.org, but
7 > neither really fit for this package...
8
9 local use flags it's up to each developer to be good about it ... in your
10 case, crypt might fit what you want, might not ...
11
12 in the case of global use addition, it must first go through at least
13 gentoo-dev for discussion to make sure it hasnt come up before, or maybe
14 theres a better way of doing it, etc... etc...
15
16 in either case, when a flag is added, it has to be nicely described in the
17 appropidate file (/usr/portage/profiles/{use.desc,use.local.desc})
18
19 > 2. What's the policy for adding new licenses to licenses/? What if the
20 > license is just for one specific package?
21
22 check to see if the license is already in portage and if it's not, add it end
23 of story ... one of my pet peeves that licenses/ is getting bloated, but i
24 already opened bug(s) about it ;)
25 -mike
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list