From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Questions about SystemD and OpenRC
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:06:25
1 On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Gregory M. Turner <gmt@×××××.us> wrote:
2 > On 8/16/2012 4:59 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >>
4 [snip]
8 > tldr: I like, approve and otherwise +1 the idea of somehow paring down or
9 > eliminating @system but I think it's going to be fairly challenging, so more
10 > discussion on this topic is warranted in my humble non-developer opinion :)
11 >
12 > --
13 >
14 > I really like everything you have to say here. Unfortunately, assumptions
15 > of toolchain availability have gotten into the DNA of Gentoo in ways that
16 > make it nontrivial -- although probably not rocket science, either -- to
17 > implement these ideas.
18
19 The limited-visibility build feature discussed a week or so ago would
20 go a long way in detecting unexpressed build dependencies.
23 :wq