From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] berkdb and gdbm in global USE defaults
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2018 18:56:06
1 On 04/07/2018 02:44 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm with floppym on this one. Is there a specific reason we enable them
4 > globally?
5
6 It's a relic from before we had IUSE defaults.
9 > Since there has been so little discussion on this thread, I will start
10 > looking at what I need to do to remove these use flags from the
11 > profiles.
12
13 There's probably a few packages that will need IUSE defaults to avoid
14 breakage, and everyone else should get fair warning before the flags are
15 turned off by default.
16
17 But this is a noble goal; thanks.