From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: java@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla usage for overlays' projects [was: sunrise, a temporary compromise]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 08:54:02
1 Anders Hellgren wrote:
2 > On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Stuart Herbert wrote:
3 >
4 >>> On 6/23/06, Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
5 >>>> I'm amazingly confused about why technical policy decisions (and even
6 >>>> discussions about them) are being made by devrel in a devrel-specific
7 >>>> channel. Could someone clear me up on this?
8 >>>>
9 >>>> Thanks,
10 >>>> Donnie
11 >>>
12 >>> Sorry, but I must second this, especially as discussions have also
13 >>> been continuing that (unlike Mike's discussion) actually included
14 >>> council members.
15 >>>
16 >>> I'm all for folks trying to help resolve the Sunrise issues, but I
17 >>> feel that it's not devrel's place to be deciding this particular
18 >>> policy issue, especially when the issue has already been referred to
19 >>> the council.
20 >>>
21 >>> Best regards,
22 >>> Stu
23 >>>
24 > FWIW, there was almost an hour's worth of discussion before the start of
25 > the log KingTaco posted. As a bystander, my guess is that the discussion
26 > took place in the devrel channel because a complaint about the use of
27 > the bugzilla whiteboard by the sunrise folks was brought up in that
28 > channel. The compromise was made to defuse further escalation to a
29 > formal complaint to devrel.
30 >
31 > /Anders
32 > -- Anders Hellgren (kallamej)
33 > Gentoo Forums Administrator
34
35 OK, so - java folks, please, take your java migration overlay bugs
36 somewhere else from bugzilla. You know very well I had no problem w/
37 assigning them, I just requested them to be clearly marked as such
38 (which the users have been doing, thank you for that). Since some
39 developers consider such use of bugzilla as misuse of Gentoo
40 infrastructure and have gone so far that they involved devrel in this
41 discussion, I'm not going to assign those bugs any more.
42
43 Your 'thank you' goes especially to brix, your complaints go to devrel
44 as a body that proclaimed themselves empowered to decide on acceptable
45 bugzilla usage. There's no technical difference between using bugzilla
46 for unofficial java migration overlay hosted on gentooexperimental.org
47 and using it for unofficial overlay hosted on gentoo-sunrise.org (and
48 even usage of keywords and status whiteboard for unofficial overlays
49 counts as a misuse of bugzilla here). Devrel's current policy clearly is
50 that bugzilla may only be used for official overlays hosted on
51 overlays.gentoo.org,
54 Sorry for the inconvenience, not my fault.
57 Best regards,
58
59 Jakub Moc
60 mailto:jakub@g.o
61 GPG signature:
62 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
63 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
64
65 ... still no signature ;)