From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Planning for automatic assignment of bugs
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 19:07:02
1 On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 10:57 -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 08:57:27AM -0700, Ned Ludd wrote:
3 > > > In light of the above, how about 'automatic=0'?
4 > > Please keep with your original idea of letting maintainers opt out vs
5 > > some of the ideas proposed in this thread where maintainers have to opt
6 > > in as I'm sure the metadata.xml files wont be updated by enough people
7 > > to really gain the benefit of what we are trying to do here if they have
8 > > to do opt in.
9 > Err, nowhere in here have I said it was going to be opt-in.
10
11 With some of the dal and tri-state suggestions we have seen in this
12 thread automatic=1/contact=1 this would seem to be an opt-in vs opt-out.
13 But either way I don't care as long as we can get the bulk of the
14 bug-wranglers@ assigned to somewhere other than bug-wranglers@ and
15 the scripts that are going to handle it don't have to become totally
16 convoluted while reasonable to maintain.
19 > Taking into account the other reasonable input, how about the name of
20 > attribute 'automatic-bug' ?
21
22 I don't see anything wrong with how it was proposed originally using
23 contact=0
26 > 'automatic-bug=1' will be implied by the DTD, and developers will have
27 > to explicitly opt-out by including 'automatic-bug=0' in their
28 > <maintainer> entries.
31 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
32 Gentoo Linux
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list